Wednesday, May 23, 2007

60 year old New Jersey woman gives birth to twin boys





When asked what she had to say to women of her age, she said:

"Don't get a dog, get a baby."


Frieda Birnbaum gave birth to "Baby A" at 12:44 p.m. and "Baby B" a minute later by Caesarean section at Hackensack University Medical Center.
Birnbaum, a psychologist from Saddle River, underwent in-vitro fertilization last year in Cape Town, South Africa, at a center that specializes in older women. She and her husband, Ken, a New York attorney, have been married for 38 years and have three other children - sons ages 6 and 33 and a daughter, 29.

According to Mrs.Birnbaum age is redefined all the time:
"Age is being redefined all the time," the mother, Frieda Birnbaum, told a television reporter attending the birth.

"I don't feel like 60."

Her daughter (aged 29) apparently thinks her mother is crazy:

"My daughter feels I should be living in Florida having a good life," Birnbaum told Fox News after the birth. "I hope when she's older, she'll see this and understand she has choices. I don't feel like I'm 60."


Hospital officials believe Birnbaum may be the oldest woman to give birth to twins in the United States.

Goodluck to the mother and her newborns.

No comments:

My Blog Log: